AdventHealth Hospice Care Central Florida is the community, faith based, non-profit Hospice organization covering Seminole, Orange, and Osceola counties. Our organization is a member of Florida Hospital and Adventist Health System. We are a compassionate care team of highly specialized and trained professionals. AdventHealth Hospice Care is an equal employer and a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
AdventHealth Hospice Care, with administrative offices located North of Orlando in Altamonte Springs, is seeking a Full Time Admission Nurse (Registered Nurse - RN) who is:
Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently to respond to and visit with patients who have been referred for admission to Hospice.
Able to travels to homes, nursing facilities and hospital(s).
Able to informs the patients, caregivers, and family members of the services provided by Hospice.
Assess the referred patient for hospice eligibility.
- Travels to patient homes or hospital(s) and visits with patients who have been referred to Hospice of the Comforter. Works with patients and families to understand their care goal and informs the patient, their caregiver and/or family member(s) about the program and services available with Hospice of the Comforter and answers questions and responds to concerns to encourage admission onto the program.
- Assess the patient and family s physical and emotional eligibility for hospice services. Appropriately evaluates and admits patients in a timely manner onto hospice care services.
- While conducting the admission, assess the patient s physical condition, medical needs, current medications, and needs for special equipment.
- Visits current Hospice of the Comforter patients who have been admitted to assigned hospital(s) and assesses the patient s physical condition, medical needs, current medications, and needs for special equipment.
- Documents activities in Electronic Medical Record for each assigned patient in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Partners with the assigned Hospice Specialist (Marketing) staff member to meet the needs of the patients and hospital staff to gain new referrals.
- Associates Degree is required, a Bachelors of Science in Nursing is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Minimum of 1 years nursing experience in hospice, home health, oncology, intensive care unit, acute care or emergency department nursing experience is required.
- Hospice admission experience preferred.
- A clear/active Florida RN license is required
- Previous experience in admissions and hospital admissions preferred
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of how to use an Electronic Medical Record is preferred
- Ability to inform patient and family member(s) about the services provided by Hospice of the Comforter is preferred
Hospice, Admission, Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Healthcare, Home Care, Hospital, Florida Hospital, AdventHealth, Adventist Health System
Associated topics: asn, care, care unit, hospice, neonatal, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, unit