Here is your chance to work at a fun, rapidly growing company in the Ponte Vedra area! Company is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join its Finance team. As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for all Accounts Payable related administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks and verifies all vouchers for payment.
- Enters account data into computer records.
- Reviews weekly accounts payable cash requirements.
- Prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Keeps vendor invoices and statements current, including un-invoiced receipt reports.
- Answers all vendor inquiries regarding payments.
- Prepares, processes, and distributes accounts payable checks.
- Performs weekly computer updates.
- Assists in preparation of department procedural manual.
- Ensures all required reports are electronically stored or hard copies are available.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists in monthly closings, including reconciling accounts and researching questions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and accounts payable
- Proficient in use of 10 key calculator
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word)
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years prior accounts payable/general accounting experience
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to work with all levels of management and staff
- Attention to detail, organized and high level of accuracy
- Must be hands-on and roll up sleeves on a regular basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills