SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index .
Blake Medical Center received its first Level II Trauma designation by the State of Florida in 2012 followed by the American College of Surgeons Consultation in 2013. As a Primary Stroke Center and Award-winning Heart Care and Chest Pain Center, our Emergency Department is equipped with 19 beds plus 2 Trauma Bays (and separate fast track beds) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve.
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. Apply online today!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6 months of hire
- ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support) preferred, required within 12 months of hire
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org.
Experience / Skills
* Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details.
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred; prior ED/Trauma experience desired
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Prior HCA/Meditech experience desired.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude desired.
- Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
- Prior Burn experience desired, but not required.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, intensive care unit, psychatric, recovery, registed, staff nurse, tcu