Celebration Health seeks to hire an RN who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a \"living laboratory\" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The 50-bed Florida Hospital Celebration Health Emergency Department is the busiest in Osceola County. Due to proximity of the tourist attractions, we have many international guests. Communication is key to success here, and is accomplished thanks to a team-oriented staff that works well together and enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced ED. Florida Hospital Celebration Health offers the three levels of ED care - acute, intermediate and fast-track - separate treatment areas for minor and major emergencies-schedule for optimal coverage.
* $10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
* Computer Skills (Preferred) * Bilingual (Preferred) * Graduate of a school of nursing * BSN (Preferred) * MSN (Preferred) * Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) (Preferred) * ED Internship Program (Preferred) * One year RN experience in ED or acceptance into Florida Hospital EDNIP program (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse * Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) * Pediatrics Advanced Life Support (PALS) (not required for 6780) * Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)Requirements) (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
* Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy. * Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected. * Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician's orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions. * Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.) * Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations. * Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded. * May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training. * Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Emergency Department opportunity with Celebration Health and apply online today.
* Bonus Details: * Applicable experience required. * Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify. * Full Time employment contract required. * Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
ED, Emergency Nurse, Emergency Department, RN, Registered Nurse, ER, Celebration
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, hospice, infusion, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, psychatric, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.