Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents client/server applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
The candidate will develop:
2-5 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Experience with Navy e-Learning systems and requirements strongly recommended.
Candidate must be a US citizen with a qualifying background investigation (NACLC or higher) within the last 10 years to meet eligibility requirements for an IT Level II Common Access Card (CAC).
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Some travel may be required.
Applicants outside of the areas listed will telecommute and must meet the requirements of GDIT's telecommuting policy.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.