Medical Assistant - Viera Internal Medicine
Health First Medical Group is seeking an experienced medical assistant (LPN also considered) to join us in a busy and exciting practice which stresses the provision of excellent care and customer service. Our medical office staff work together in a team concept making sure cross-training is a high priority providing you with greater career advancement opportunities.
The chosen candidate will benefit from the following\\:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid medical assistant certification exam
- 401k with matching contributions
- Potential sign-on bonus with relocation assistance
- Employee recognition activities
- Opportunity to contribute to associate advisory groups
Job Type\\: Full-time. Monday-Friday. No weekends.
Education\\: High School diploma or GED equivalent. LPN also considered
Certification\\: One of the following is a minimum requirement within 90 days of hire. Health First will pay exam fee\\:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through National Healthcareer Association (NHA) - https\\://
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) - http\\://
- Medical Assistant (RMA) certification through American Medical Technologists (AMT) - https\\://
- Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) certification - https\\://
Certification\\: Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association upon hire
Work Experience\\: New Grads welcome
Specific Knowledge/Skills\\: Medical terminology, keyboarding skills.
Specific Knowledge/Skills\\: Strong customer service skills including knowledge of service recovery techniques
Perform clinical intake by taking medical histories and vital signs, recording weight/height and verification of patient's current prescriptions.
Prepare patients for examination and explain treatment procedures to patients.
Prepare and perform point of care testing and/or specimen collection as directed by provider.
Track and communicate to patients, the results of labs and diagnostic studies as directed by the provider.
Answer internal and external customer phone calls regarding their care, and direct messages to the appropriate individuals.
Associated topics: hospitalist, internal, internal medicine, internal medicine physician, lung, nephrology, pulmonary, pulmonolgist, pulmonology, rheumatology