Shift: Thursday - Sunday, evening hours
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Health Information Specialist will work under the prescribed procedure to analyze and verify medical records for completeness and accuracy. This person will be navigating between multiple medical systems including: Solcom, Protouch, Cerner, EMON, and the mainframe, to verify the completeness of the medical record, make system corrections and change document types via the EMON or Solcom when appropriate. They will be using BMC/HIS analysis guidelines for required documentation to determine whether records are complete. This person will also assist physicians by answering questions regarding completeness of their Electronic Medical Record. The Health Information Specialist will perform audits of records for requirements for Joint Commission Accreditation and Conditions of Participation. In addition, the specialist will prepare and report physician deficiency and delinquency information to HIM leadership on a weekly and/or monthly basis depending upon report needed. All above elements pertain to all BHA hospital sites for which BMC Health Information Management staff perform functions.
* Enter all deficiencies into the electronic record system. Track and trend physician deficiency and delinquency data for reporting to HIM leadership.
* Communicate with physicians daily as questions arise regarding the completeness of the medical record.
* Maintain and upgrade the knowledge and skills affecting the quality of the work done.
* Responsible to adhere to the organization's Corporate Compliance program; adherence, includes but is not limited to, attendance at mandatory Corporate Compliance in-services, carrying out position responsibilities consistent with program guidelines, and reporting any violation of Corporate Compliance policies to your supervisor.
* Perform the record analysis from other Solcom workbaskets as assigned by the HIM Operation Manager.
* Perform clerical duties which includes scanning documents.
* Follow BMC and HIS guidelines to analyze inpatient and outpatient records for accuracy and completeness using the electronic record system.
* Route any problems or inaccuracies to the appropriate workbasket where they will later be corrected and/or reassigned.
* Perform record reviews relative to Joint Commission guidelines as well as Conditions of Participation.
* Practice service excellence through communication skills and create a healthy work environment by treating others respectfully.
* Manage conflict by identifying solutions or seeking guidance as necessary.
* High School diploma
* Knowledge and organizational ability to review medical records for completeness by following BMC/HIS guidelines
* Ability to learn medical terminology
* Ability to enter data at an acceptable level of speed and accuracy and to operate a computer using Mainframe, Solcom, ProTouch, Cerner, and EMON
* Ability to pay close attention to detail to detect missing and/or incorrect information in the medical record and must also have the knowledge and skills needed to make the corrections when appropriate
* Ability to maintain production standards as set forth by the HIM Operational Manager
* Experience working in a healthcare environment
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com.